Sensor Assembly - OI-6940 Notis Quad
OI-6940 Notis Quad WireFree Sensor Assembly
The Otis Instruments, Inc. Gen II WireFree OI-6940 Notis Quad is a battery-powered explosion-proof 4-gas sensor assembly that uses up to four sensors—Electrochemical or Low-Power Infrared—to detect an array of toxic gases in ambient air. The Notis Quad comes with a 160x104 pixel graphical LCD screen, four-button interface, non-intrusive magnetic switches, and one radio (900 MHz or 2.4 GHz).
Like other Otis Instruments sensor assemblies, the Notis Quad features non-intrusive calibration and custom configuration. With all adjustments made at the sensor assembly, one-man non-intrusive calibration is easy, and allows the sensor housing and enclosure to remain Class I, Division 1, Groups C and D certified while in the field. Non-intrusive calibration is made possible by using an Otis Instruments, Inc. distributed magnet to activate the MENU, BACK, ADD, and SUB buttons.
The Notis Quad is designed to be self-contained, to last for up to 6 months using a 3.6V 76 Amp Hour battery-pack, and to reject EMI and other forms of interference in order to avoid false gas readings.
- Battery Type: 3.6V 76 Amp Hour battery-pack
- Battery Life: Up to 6 months (normal operation with standard sensors)
- Standard Sensors: H2S, CO, O2, and LEL
- Sensor Ranges: H2S = 0-100 PPM, CO = 0-1,000 PPM, O2 = 0-25 %, LEL = 0-100 %
- Display: Graphical LCD, sunlight readable (transflective), LED back-light, 160×104 resolution
- Interface: Four push buttons (MENU, BACK, ADD, SUB); four corresponding magnetic, non-intrusive switches; non-intrusive calibration
- Operating Temperature: -40° F to 129° F; -40° C to 54° C
- Enclosure: 10x9x6 Explosion-proof
- Certification: Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D
- Number of Sensors: Up to four
- Sensor Type Options: Electrochemical or Low-Power Infrared
- Gases: H2S, O2, SO2, CL2, H2, NH3, CO, LEL (hydrocarbons), and more
- Remote Sensors: Kit to remote-mount the sensors 10, 25, 50, 75, or 100 feet from the enclosure
- Radio Type: 2.4 GHz ISM, 100 mW OR 900 MHz, 200mW
- Hardware: One year (limited)
- Sensor: One year (varies with sensor type)
- Battery: 90 days (from ship date)
The OI-6940 Notis Quad is also available in a standing configuration: the OI-6940-ST. This stand allows the assembly to be easily pushed or pulled for convenient portability.
- Two-wheel hand cart design allows the 23 lb. OI-6940 sensor assembly to be pushed or pulled, not carried
- Eliminates the need for placement in an area with a pre-existing structure strong enough to support the OI-6940 sensor assembly
- No mounting tools or hardware necessary for setting up the mounted OI-6940 sensor assembly on location
- Pre-mounting the battery-powered WireFree OI-6940 sensor assembly reduces installation and setup time while in the field
- Stackable design for compact storage of pre-mounted OI-6940 sensor assemblies
- Maximum Load: 100 lbs.
- Dimensions: 1' 7 1/8" L x 1' 3 1/2" W x 3' 4 1/2"H
- Warranty: 30 days